Position: PROGRAM MANAGER (Central Region) based at Bhopal
Reporting To: Head – Program Management and Development
Start Date: Immediate
Type of employment: 5-year contract term
Develop and oversee the programs and projects of NEG-FIRE in Central and Southern states of India, in line with its mission in order to achieve the objectives of the programs / projects and the mission of NEG-FIRE in the area.
A. NEG-FIRE Strategy, Planning and Teamwork
- Contribute to the development and periodic review of the NEG-FIRE Organization Program Strategy Plan.
- Develop high standards program/projects in alignment with program frameworks for three life stages of children
- Identify potential partnership with related strengths within NEG-FIRE priority areas.
- Manage all projects of Central regions, provide technical support to partners and ensure effective implementation of projects.
- Support in planning implementation of annual, quarterly and monthly plan
- Ensure timely submission of high quality progress reports, financial audit reports and evaluation reports.
- Lead the team of professionals working for Central region.
- Assist the Head – Program Management and Development in new program development as required by developing project ideas & implementation strategies
2. Ensure effective implementation of partner's projects
- Accompany partners throughout the implementation period and make (at a minimum) quarterly visits to the partners to assess project progress.
- Assess training needs of partners and facilitate capacity building / trainings
- Conduct partner assessments to identify strengths & weaknesses of on-going projects.
- Ensure timely release of grant to partner through suggested processes
- Track partner's budget periodically in coordination with Finance Manager / Grant Officer.
- Prepare programme and budget variance reports.
- Guide partners on project designing using NEG-FIRE's project designing tools and processes.
B. Program Communication and Learning
1. Conduct regular participatory review, reflections with partner to identify key lessons learnt from projects and document case studies.
- Ensure midterm and end project review workshops are conducted on time and facilitated in a professional manner which gives space for participatory reflection and feedback.
- Help partners in reporting and process documentation.
- Providing quality inputs on progress visit reports , on key tasks/processes
2. Maintain project related information and data into the organization database management systems.
- Work closely with M&E Manager in coordinating and dissemination of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Collect and record information on NEG-FIRE organizational indicators
- Communicate and assist partners on MIS systems to collect project and organizational indicators
- Ensure files are uploaded as required
- Maintain any other project management data base as required.
- Provide documentation on program and project based results when requested
3. Participate and / or lead networking meetings with other agencies for sharing best practices and lessons learned.
- Build government partnerships and explore new funding opportunities
- Provide supervision/guidance to current state level network initiatives of NEG-FIRE and strengthen it
- Prepare report of visits; identify key learning's & issues.
- Represent NEG-FIRE's thematic progress with state level agencies and strengthen the collaboration developed so far
- Design state level thematic growth plan by networking with state level agencies
- Represent NEG-FIRE in all relationships with partners and potential partners.
C. Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- At least 9 -10 years of experience in development sector with minimum 6 years' experience in program and grant management in national / international organization
- At least 5 years of experience in working with marginalized communities on the issues of Child Rights and Child Protection / Children in Conflict / Girl Child Education with inclusive education approach.
- Postgraduate degree or higher qualifications in Social Work / Social Science or equivalent.
- Proven ability / expertise and experience of working in Pedagogy, Language Issues, Teaching Learning Material Development / Monitoring and Evaluation / Government Partnership.
- Significant experience in working with partner organisations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent NEG-FIRE at the state and local levels.
- Have good communication and project proposal writing skills.
- Ability to converse in Oriya / Telugu, Hindi and English
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural teams.
- You will need to be an individual who is meticulous about detail and well organised, who is able to plan, organise and prioritise a demanding workload.
Travel Requirements: The job holder should be willing to travel extensively for program / project related activities, say 50 to 60% time particularly in and around Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana states.
How to Apply:
NEG-FIRE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Deserving candidate will be paid a consolidated salary of maximum Rs. 70,000/- per month plus social security benefits and opportunities for training and development.
Interested candidates may apply at email@example.com with below mentioned information:
- A detailed CV;
- Details of two references;
- Current Salary drawn; and
- Notice period
The last date for sending applications is March 10, 2016.
Candidates who do not have work experience in the field of Education need not apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.