Established in 1989, National Education Group was a joint initiative of Catholic Bishops Conference of India and Misereor, the German Catholic Bishops' Organisation for Development Cooperation formed under the umbrella of Indo-German Social Service Society. The organisation was formed to be a 'Think Tank' and promote education to the marginalised through project support, training of teachers, preparation of child-friendly teaching material and construction of schools and class rooms. The year 2005 witnessed the birth of New Education Group – Foundation for Innovation and Research (NEG-FIRE) as an independent legal entity based in New Delhi.
The organisation was formed with an aim to transform the lives of children from marginalised communities through education interventions and by strategy partnerships with local NGOs and community groups.
NEG-FIRE aims to transform the lives of children from marginalised communities through education and by strategic partnership with local NGOs and community groups.
We promote quality education for children from marginalised communities resulting in social transformation in India while upholding the values of transparency, accountability, pluralism, equity, justice, peace and respect for all.
- Transition from NEG to NEG FIRE as a new legal entity.
- NEG-FIRE's mandate was to innovate a new trail to meet the challenges of bringing child-friendly.
- Education to the marginalised communities in an effective way.
Strategic Direction developed and State/Regional consultations held for sharing the strategic directions 36 partners across 11 states and 41 districts of India sanctioned
- Safe spaces were created for 277 toddlers in the riot affected Juhapura, Gujarat, thus keeping fear out of these young minds and hearts.
- Introduction of the Mother tongue Based Multi-Lingual Education program
- Piloting the Elimination of child labour programme in the quarry areas of Bundi in Rajasthan
- Initiation of the Fellowship Program in Maharshtra
- 1800 children in the riot affected area of Kandhamal were supported to appear for their board examinations.
- Initiation of inter-state border areas in 2 selected border areas of Andhra Pradesh-Orissa and Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh.
Launching of the Edu-leadership program in Uttar Pradesh
- Development of two innovative programs – Play for Peace and Kala ke Sang, for holistic education of children.
- A one-time enrichment support of Rs. 28,19,541 was disbursed to 35 partners working in 10 states which benefitted almost 36,000 children.
- New program on Education of children in Naxal-affected areas in Latehar district of Jharkhand was initiated.
- Edu-leadership program reaches 3 new states – Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
- Initiation of inter-state border areas in 2 more selected border areas of Bihar-Jharkhand and Rajasthan-Gujarat
Development of Cultural Expressions Curriculum for holistic education of children by the integration of art, crafts, music and dance in the teaching methodology.
Initiation of Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Community Watch program wherein community members learn about their young children's rights to care, nutrition and education
- ECCD made one of the core focus areas across all programmes.
- Bilingual books produced to help children in better understanding.
We were successful in re-enrolling 1370 dropped-out children and is continuously monitoring their educational performance
- 338 Mata Samitis were formed (and are functional) and 446 SMC's were activated
- 216 Anganwadi workers received training on school preparedness
- 661 Edu-volunteers were identified and trained on RTE and school preparedness
Completed a decade of successful 'transformation through education' intervention
- Developed MB-MLE material in 8 tribal languages
- NEG-FIRE now works in 28 districts in 11 states of India
- We received an award from Guidestar India titled 'Platinum Certificate of Transparency'
- We have also been included in the first list of the credible NGO's selected by the National Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs.
Certification AND Recognition
MoU with Rajya Shiksha Kendra (RSK), Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
Memorandum of UnderstandingSeptember 2017
Best use of Innovation in Education sector
World CSR CongressFebruary 2016
Certificate of Validation
Charities Aid FoundationFebruary 2016 - February 2019
Neg-Fire Shares Key Information With Public Through Guidestar India
GuideStar IndiaDecember 2016
Certificate of Empanelment
National CSR Hub – Tata Institute of Social SciencesNovember 2015 – November 2018
Credible Implementing Agency
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Corporate Affairs - Government of IndiaFebruary 2015