Communications & Documentation Coordinator < Back
New Education Group - Foundation for Innovation and Research in Education (NEG-FIRE) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, national NGO registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860; promoting quality Pre-primary & Primary education for marginalized communities (dalit and tribal) by partnering with grassroots NGO’s across 8 states in India. Our program focus is to ensure quality education among children of these marginalized communities through - mother tongue based multi-lingual (MTB-MLE) education intervention, inclusive practices, active participation of communities, teachers (govt.) trainings etc., which facilitate in increasing children’s performance and development within the government school system. Our inter-disciplinary professional team members are based in Delhi, Patna and Bhopal. To know more about us, please visit our website: www.negfire.org
Position Title: Communications & Documentation Coordinator
Location: New Delhi
Reporting To: Executive Director
Reported by: None
Last date of receiving application: 20th February, 2020
Job Purpose /Role overview:
To promote the mission of NEG-FIRE by writing and disseminating relevant contents for visibility, branding, among the key stakeholders.
- Collect and collate success stories, photographs, articles, quotes, testimonials, pictures etc., through frequent field visits and in coordination with the NEG-FIRE team, partner NGOs, teachers, community groups, etc.
- Create textual, audio and visual content on a regular basis and disseminate the same through various communication channels to reach out to different stakeholders/ audience.
- Create contents for the website and social media channels.
- Develop IEC material (such as flyers, posters etc.) for sensitization of families and community members and for increasing awareness on education among children.
Web-site and Social Media:
- Ensure that the website of NEG-FIRE is updated at all times, alter/edit information as and when required.
- Create a web-based resource pool for ‘Tribal and Dalit Education’.
- Ensure regular presence of NEG-FIRE on our 3 current social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and making a social media calendar for easy and timely posting.
- Explore and introduce new channels of visibility according to current social media trends and organizational requirements.
- Stay up to date with social media trends, do’s and don’ts, new channels and tools.
- Create fundraisers on crowd funding platforms and social media channels.
- Send monthly e-mailers to stakeholders (sharing information, donations, other actions) via Mail Chimp.
- Use the social media channels to motivate employees and volunteers through regular mentions.
- Manage the blog of the organisation and ensure that there are regular contributions and new posts.
Visibility and Brand Enhancement:
- Manage NEG-FIRE’s visibility, brand-image and positioning to strengthen relationships with all key stakeholders at national and regional level.
- Maintain consistency in branding and messaging across all communication channels.
- Keep all brand violations under check - manage copy right, copy-left, creative commons, while sharing our products.
- Ensure that the digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message.
- Provide editorial, documentation and proof-reading support of all communication products of the organization - reports, strategy documents, research studies, training manuals and other organizational documents.
- Liaise with different vendors for designing, printing and creation of communication material and ensure timely dissemination of various printed material.
- Provide support in events including creating all communication material for the same (banners, back drops, standees etc.).
- Development of the Annual Report and the Newsletter.
- Maintain an inventory of the publications (both external and internal) and documents.
- Develop and manage the communication budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters’ Degree in Communication / Journalism /Public Relations or any other related fields
- At least 3-4 years of experience in communication or related field in the development sector.
Skills and knowledge:
- Must have excellent writing skills in English
- Ability to capture audience by developing compelling stories from the field, including visual presentation.
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications such as - Annual Reports, Brochures, and other Brand materials
- Knowedge of communication strategy and planning
- Proven skills in writing, editing, designing, videography, or photography.
- Demonstrated skill in program communication, development of information and communication material.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and software like - Prezi, Canva etc., CorelDraw and Photoshop.,etc.
- Proficiency in Hindi and other regional language/ dialect is desirable.
- Understanding of social media trends and email marketing software such as Mail Chimp.
- Basic understanding of SC/ST communities and sensitivity to their development needs.
- Respect for all
- Openness to learn
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Transparency and Accountability
Salary and Benefits:
Between 5 and 6 lakhs (annual Gross), based on candidate’s experience/qualifications and the current salary. In addition, benefits such as – PF, Gratuity, Group Medical and Personal Accidental Insurance, reimbursement of monthly mobile expenses, are covered.
To Apply NEG-FIRE is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women applicants and qualified applicants from the marginalised communities are especially encouraged to apply. Interested candidates may send us the following, at email@example.com. Cover letter indicating - your suitability for the position; your Current Salary and Expected salary, Updated CV
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further process.
NEG-FIRE is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women applicants and qualified applicants from the marginalised communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
“This position involves regular contact with children and NEG-FIRE does rigorous recruitment and selection process, reference checks that reflect its commitment to the protection of children from abuse. The applicant is required to be aware and in compliance of the NEG-FIRE Child Protection Policy (CPP) which is available on our website. By submitting the application for this position the applicant by default consents to be governed by this policy.”