Position: Head – Program Management & Development < Back
New Education Group - Foundation for Innovation and Research in Education (NEG-FIRE) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, national level NGO, promoting quality pre-primary & primary education for marginalized communities by partnering with grassroots NGOs. We work with the marginalized communities mostly the SCs and STs in UP, Jharkhand, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan. We uphold the values of transparency, accountability, pluralism, equity, justice, peace and respect for all, in our work processes and relationships.
We are a team of dedicated professionals with diverse backgrounds and are based in 3 locations - Delhi, Lucknow and Bhopal. We are inviting applications from high performing individuals who possess required competencies and compassion to work with the children from the marginalized communities for their education, to join our National team in Delhi. S/he must be enthusiastic to learn and grow in the organization.
Head – Program Management & Development
will lead the process of promoting primary school education initiatives in partnership with grassroots NGOs and Government education system. The role includes identification of partners, collaboration with government, leading proposal development and approval process guided by the organization and donor policies, strengthening partner capacities to achieve project goals with sustainability plans. S/he will lead a team of professionals to ensure that NEG-FIRE’s program strategies are implemented on the ground, and goals are achieved with quality and optimum resource utilization.
- Lead the process of innovative program management and development, partnership development, proposal development, and provide direction and support to the Program team to realise organisational goals.
- Design and strategize overall project / programme development plan, build capacity and guide program team to support partner NGOs as well as to respond to the emerging issues in line with NEG-FIRE strategy and approved plans.
- Ensure quality standards in program management with active collaboration of other departments through structured interventions and processes and are consistent in quality and content to approved standards and guidelines.
- Regular monitoring of Program objectives, learning and documentation using information from NEG-FIRE’s web-based M&E system. Review and modify/align the M&E system according to the emerging needs.
- Lead the process for Situational Analysis, Baselines and mid / end term evaluations for NEG-FIRE’s new and on-going programs to meet its objectives
- Government liaisoning and collaboration to integrate our contextualised education model in the education system
- Promoting a culture of continuous learning and knowledge management among partners and creating strong evidence-based gaps in contextualized education.
- Ensure that experiences, best-practices and innovations in all programs are shared internally and externally and to make NEG-FIRE a learning organization.
- Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences /Education /Development Management or any other equivalent field.
- 10-12 years of experience of working in the development sector, with minimum 5 – 7 years in the Education sector, in a senior management role.
- Knowledge of the social reality of the tribal and dalit communities (with special reference to Education), its causes and area of interventions. Knowledge of languages of tribal communities in AP, Odisha, Jharkhand, MP, Chattisgarh states would be added advantage.
- Ability to analyse and design appropriate program interventions that address specific aspects of change in the area of operations
- Demonstrated ability of development of NGO partnership, working with communities, Government education system
- Must have excellent Proposal development skills (using RBM/ LFA framework) and Donor Report writing skills
- Proven skills in leading a program implementation team
- Knowledge of Finance and Sub-grants management
- Ability to articulate and present the information concisely.
- Ability to find opportunities to leverage the strengths of other like minded organisations/ groups/ institutions and work constructively in addressing specific issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, high professional ethical standards
- Open to learn new knowledge and skills. Able to challenge old perspectives and ideologies and open to new or emerging ideas/theories.
- Sets results-based goals for self and for the team
- Shows respect and works effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and differences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and Teamwork
- Upholds accountability, transparency and integrity in the work and all dealings with the stake-holders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a pressurised environment
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Ability to articulate communications clearly and concisely in a polite manner.
- Ability to facilitate group processes to achieve desired results
The job holder is expected to travel extensively in the project field for program / project related activities.
10 to 12 lakhs (Annual CTC), based on candidate’s qualifications, competencies and the current salary.
To Apply Interested applicants may send their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must include – your latest CV, 3 references, and contact details for communication.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further process.
NEG-FIRE is an equal opportunity employer; and qualified women candidates and candidates from the marginalised communities are especially encouraged to apply.
“This position involves regular contact with children and NEG-FIRE does rigorous recruitment and selection process, reference checks that reflect its commitment to the protection of children from abuse. The applicant is required to be aware and in compliance of the NEG-FIRE Child Protection Policy (CPP) which is available on our website. By submitting the application for this position the applicant by default consents to be governed by this policy.”